Instructions for Presentations
- Plenary speaker has 40 min for his/her presentation + 5 min of questions.
- Keynote speaker has 25 min for his/her presentation + 5 min of questions.
- Oral communication: 15 minutes for his/her presentation + 5 minutes of questions.
- Poster Presentation: Suggested format A0- (width x height) 90x120 cms
Instruction for Poster Presenters
- Poster sessions will be held in the basement of “Aulario Farmacia”.
- Posters should be put up during the morning of your poster session, before 09:00, on the board labelled with your poster number.
- Poster must be dismantled at the end of the poster session
- All poster presenters are encouraged to be at their poster panels for discussion with the participants during the poster presentation allocation.
- The material to fix the posters to the panels will be available in the posters area.
- The conference venue does not have poster printing capacity. Participants are responsible for their own poster printing.
Instructions for Speakers
Speakers should bring their presentation on a USB flash drive to the A/V technician in the session hall where their presentation will be held, at least one hour before the start of the session. The A/V technician will upload the presentation on the Conference PC.
For those of you speaking on Monday morning sessions is strongly recommended to give a copy of your presentation on Sunday 3 at the registration desk.
In order to prevent delays in the session, we do not recommend that speakers use their own PC. However, if you wish to do so, please coordinate it with the A/V technician in the session hall, at least one hour before the start of your session. In addition, please check your computer in the session hall during a break prior to your session. The time you consume connecting your PC will be discounted from your presentation time. The Conference computers are supplied with Windows 7 (at least) and Office 2010 (at least).
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture will take place during a break prior to your session, at least one hour before the start of the session.
Important note for MAC users
In order to use an Apple presentation on a PC compatible computer, please prepare it according to the following instructions, before bringing it to the Conference:
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint-based PC).
Although not recommended, you may use your own Apple computer. In such a case please be sure to bring with you the VGA adapter for your MAC. To check that your presentation is displayed correctly, please come in the session hall at least one hour before the beginning of your session. A/V technicians will be there to assist you. The time you consume connecting your PC will be discounted from your presentation time.